Easter is only days away and we’ve got some great ideas for the Easter bunny! It’s going to be a long weekend with family and friends so let’s make the best of it and add some adventure and creativity, along with some healthy treats.
Put down the iPad and get outside!
1. Sidewalk Chalk– Give your child a writing tool and I guarantee at some point they will draw off the page and onto the table. Or if you’re really lucky, they will find your favourite white furniture. Why not take these artistic minds and give them a canvas with character. SideWalk chalk is easy to clean up, especially with all the rain we’ve been having and it’s fun for all ages to enjoy.
2. Skipping Rope– Why not get those kids off the couch and get them outside and active. When I was a child, we used to use baler twine or the water hose as a skipping rope. These days you can get Easter-egg coloured ropes which are bound to get those kids jumping like the Easter bunny.
Healthy treats that won’t rot your teeth
3. Chocolate Bunnies– Don’t be alarmed, of course chocolate bunnies have made the list. Even for myself, being “Miss. Health Conscious,” I can’t leave them out of this holiday completely. However, I have found a delicious healthier find. Camino chocolates have come out with a bunny shaped dark chocolate. This peanut free chocolate is not only a healthier organic choice, it is also a Canadian based company involved in Fair Trade.
4. Real Fruit Lollipops– YumEarth Organics has created a “not so bad for you” pop so you can enjoy a little sweetness without causing a tummy ache. These treats are packed with real fruits and veggies, and are free of chemicals and artificial dyes. I gave these to my nieces last year for Halloween and I too enjoyed the real fruit flavors, like Pomegranate Pucker, Perfectly Peachy, and Strawberry Smash (my favourite). I bet you can’t eat just one!
Lets get creative!
5. Activity and Sticker Books– If there just so happens to be a thunderstorm on this holiday weekend it may be a good idea to have some new inside crafts to enjoy. Dollar stores and many craft stores have spring and Easter stickers, colouring books, paints and much more for creative minds.
6. Easter Themed Cookie Cutters– A holiday weekend is a great time for family to be together and enjoy spending quality time with each other. I can’t think of a better reason for the family to bake healthy treats, and they can have fun decorating them too. Try Elanas Pantry for her gluten free lemon poppy seed bunny cookies. Yum, yum, I think I may go make some now!
Holidays are easy to push your normal healthy lifestyle onto the curb. Hopefully, you can try some of these ideas and get your creative minds rolling so your little ones can have an adventure packed weekend- one that won’t give them a toxic sugar high!
Michelle Wolfe, RMT