Lemons are one of the easiest foods to help detox your body and promote weight loss and radiant skin. This citrus fruit is packed with vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and even contains antibacterial properties. All these help rejuvenate the body and beauty.
Lemons have many therapeutic properties which help maintain your immune system and fight off infection. Lemons help purify your blood and restore the pH balance in the body. Lemons are high in potassium, which can benefit people with high blood pressure and associated symptoms. Drinking warm water, first thing in the morning and at least 20 minutes before you eat anything, can help people break down and pass painful kidney stones.
It’s easy to see that lemons can be a positive addition to one’s daily routine. Here are a few extra fun health facts about lemons:
- lemons are a rich source of vitamin C which is an essential nutrient in giving your immune system a boost
- it maintains and balances pH levels in the body
- aids digestion and encourages the production of bile, and loosens toxins in your digestive tract; this helps with indigestion, heartburn, burping and bloating
- helps to reduce pain and inflammation in joints
- helps cure the common cold
- the potassium in lemons helps nourish the brain and nerve cells
- helps prevent the formation of wrinkles and acne
- known to help maintain health of the eyes and helps fight agains eye problems
- lemons contain pectin fiber which assists in fighting hunger cravings; this can help with weight loss
- freshens your breath and helps prevent gigivitis
- can help reduce anxiety and depression, the scent of lemons can even have a calming effect on your nervous system.
Please note that due to the high citrus levels of lemons, they can ruin the enamel on the teeth. It’s best to rinse with water after drinking lemon water. Also do not drink it too close to bed time and/or before brushing your teeth. It is recommended to squeeze a quarter of a lemon into your water on a daily basis and if your drinking the lemon water to help with an acute problem such as kidney stones, try drinking a half to a whole lemon in your water daily until the symptoms are resolved. It’s just that easy!