Can you remember the days of playing video games for hours and hours and being engulfed in the entertainment and fun? If not, I’m sure you’ve heard of others who have had this experience. With technology and graphic design only getting more and more advanced, it’s hard not to get sucked into the flashy colours and exciting games.
At Aim2Walk, we are always looking for new and creative ways to keep our clients engaged and entertained. Recovering from a neurological impairment can mean years of therapy, so it’s our therapist’s job to create an enjoyable therapy session for our clients to want to keep coming back.
The Armeo Spring is just one of Aim2Walk’s high-end technology pieces used for therapy. This piece of equipment is a spring loaded arm used for those who are regaining function of their arm, generally following neurological injury such as stroke or spinal cord injury. When using the arm, Armeo helps take gravity out of the equation all while playing fun, entertaining video games.
Since opening 4.5 years ago, Aim2Walk has been using the Armeo Spring to effectively improve patient function. Recently, however, the manufacturing company, Hocoma, has given the device a software update. The therapy sessions have definitely improved with more interesting games and a more engaging visual design.
Interesting Facts about the Armeo Spring:
- Augmented Performance Feedback – games/exercises are developed from leading hospitals and clinics for neurological clients
- Goal Oriented – reward system for motivation, and the games keep getting more challenging as you progress
- Covers therapeutic goals for clients – includes both single joint movements as well as exercises with complex movements for the shoulder, elbow and wrist.
- Therapy sessions help improve – ROM, coordination, grasping, strength, endurance, and cognitive functions.
- Exercises are customized for each clients’ needs
- Games are New and Improved and Exciting and Fun for all!
Our sister company, Neurosolutions, just so happens to be the Canadian distributor for the Armeo Spring. If you are interested in finding more details on how to get this cutting-edge technology into your clinic or hospital please contact Dave at email@example.com.