Living a life with a neurological issue can bring many challenges including limitations to travel and family outings. Often the affected may have physical limitations as well as other health issues preventing them to have the freedom to easily travel and enjoy a family outing. This can cause stress on both the affected as well as their family.
Today is family day and no matter what the challenges may be, I hope you are all enjoying some time with your families. I’ve compiled a list of fun thing to do at home and in the GTA. Be creative and enjoy!
- Watch a movie – weather your going out to the cinema or staying indoors finding the newest flick on Netflix, movies are always an entertaining time.
- Baking together – your going to need some yummy treats to enjoy while watching movies. Get out your favorite cookbooks (or google) and create a family favorite.
- Play a board game/cards – I remember growing up in a time where internet didn’t exist (I’m really dating myself now,) and often we weren’t allowed to watch much TV so, we played board games. It’s something you can do at almost any age and it’s often fun in teams too!
- Take the kids to the Royal Ontario Museum – this weekend the ROM is celebrating Chinese New Year. With plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained and performances by the Toronto Chinese Orchestra and Beijing Opera, it sounds like a great experience for all ages.
- Family Skate Day – free skating is happening on ice rinks all around Toronto this Monday. Heres the full list of places and times to find a rink near you. http://www.rbc.com/familyday/
- Take family photos – dust of the camera, open up the tickle trunk and dress
up into your silliest costumes. These photos will last a lifetime and will give you memories that you can share with the next generation.
The Aim2Walk Team wishes you all a fun and safe family day!