Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life.
We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and… well, some were not so great. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence.
Dr. O.K.Dugan DCC; BCETS; SWC(c) Psychotherapists, is presenting a one-day course on May 3, 2014, that will give you the EQ edge. If you are interested in learning more and/or attending the course please send in your information for registration or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the ways you will benefit:
– Understand what emotional intelligence means
– Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
– Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
– Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
– Create a personal vision statement
– Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
– Validate emotions in others
What You Will Cover: ￼
– History of emotional intelligence ￼
– Definition of emotional intelligence ￼
– Optimism ￼
– The seven human emotions ￼
– Personal vision ￼
– Values, principles, strengths, and talents ￼
– Validating emotions in others ￼
– And much more!
The course is being held at 12-244 Brockport Dr. Etobicoke. If you are interested please send your name, address, phone number and email to: CENTRE FOR HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT (POSSIBLE LIFE INC.) email@example.com. A $20 fee is needed for an information package.
Hope to see you there!